Saturday, October 3, 2009

Oct 3, 2009

I slept in, sort of, even though I didn't get to bed until very late so it was a normal amount of sleep. I wanted to get out and do something so I went and played nine holes of disc golf before it rained a little bit. I was still tired in the afternoon so I had a nap before we had to leave for AC.

Chuck and I arrived at the Borgata as the sun was going down and with two hours to spare before the Blink show started.

We stumbled upon at Fatburger in the food court and got veggie burgers. They were alright. It's funny that it's the same Boca burgers that you can get anywhere, they just put it on a whole wheat roll and throw some lettuce on it and it's nine bucks. I guess the same could be said about a lot of things though. Oh well.

To kill some time we played the two-cent slots. We're high rollers, everyone knows us in Atlantic City. I guess none of our entourage was working tonight because every time I tried to get the attention of the waitress/drink girl, she would run away.

Blink came out after a short wait with Dumpweed, of course.

We met up with Dave inside and got close to the front when they started playing.

They were really good and energetic. Tom didn't seem as drunk this time. They played the same basic set as the last times we saw them but it was still just as good.

They did a "stay on stage" encore instead of walking off and coming back.

It was a really fun concert, it let me zone out for a while and enjoy the music while not thinking about anything.

No comments: