Monday, October 19, 2009

Oct 19, 2009

Without a working car, I had to ride my bike to a few places around town so I could take some shots for my photo assignment, ecology. I went to the water tower near the grocery stores and got some shots of it and the barbed wire surrounding it.

I lucked out a second time when I stopped to shoot the lines in the road and found a rose bush with thorns right next to it. It all adds up soon.

Finally, I got some pictures of leaves in my driveway that I think came out pretty great.

I did some work on the images in Photoshop and got Chuck to drop me off at class so I could present my final pieces.

The idea behind these is to show the similarities, aesthetically and functionally, that many artificial things have with natural things. This one works well in both ways.

This one is mostly aesthetic but the veins of a leaf transport nutrients to it (when it's still alive anyway) and the roads we travel get us to the places we need to be so it's possible to see a parallel there also.

I left Photo early so we could get on the road to Lancaster. We were following the sunset most of the way and we got some great views of the colors over the farmland. This is not a perfect representation of that.

We arrived at the Chameleon Club in downtown Lancaster with time to spare. We watched the Title Fight from the balcony above the stage and after a brief break on the balcony, we went downstairs for the main event.

New Found Glory came out to "Understatement" and we moved right up front. The club is so small, I can't believe I've never gone there before.

We were only about ten feet away from the stage at any given time. They played an amazing set full of old and new songs. It was long, too. I think it ended up being about 25 songs!

For the encore, they asked what song off of Nothing Gold Can Stay the crowd would rather hear, "You've Got a Friend in Pennsylvania" or "Passing Time." Chuck has been wanting to hear them play the latter for so long and they always choose the other song. Somehow in all the yelling they decided to play both! And they ended with "Hit or Miss." A great show.

When we left it was only about ten. A very early ending but it worked out since we were far from home. We found our way back to New Jersey and Ryan came over when I got home to go for a walk. It was a chilly, but nice night out.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

wow, your ecology shots are really great and i love the concept!!!

D.M. said...

You never saw these? Were you not in class when I showed them? I know I left early that day.... hmmph.