Saturday, October 24, 2009

Oct 24, 2009

It was a rainy day and not fit for going outside, even with the plans I had to go outside that never came through. I spent the day watching shows and editing some photos. I think I even took a nap at one point. Lame. Anyway, Jamie was taking Nathan to Philly to play a show and she invited me to come with her so I was happy to go somewhere. Once we got to Philly the rain stopped. I love the city after it rains and I got a few cool street shots that I thought I could use for my "memory" project.

Nathan, Jamie and I hung out in the bar for a while, had a drink and listened to The Killer(ish) that were playing in the next room. We watched on the handy monitors. Jenell showed up eventually and we hung out talking for a while until Nathan had to set up.

We all went into the next room of The Fire to watch Raccoon Fighter. I hadn't seen them since they changed their lineup and Nate joined. They were really good.

They had a jazzy feel with a lot of rock on top. What's in a name? I really didn't know what to expect. Racooooooooon Fighter?!

Liam and Me played next and were really good. I always forget how much I like them until I randomly see them somewhere. I need to go to more local shows.

We needed some food around midnight so we went to the South Street Diner to find some. There were veggie burgers, omelets, grilled cheeses x2 and a mystery platter. And they stared at us while we ate. The veggie burger was good though.

After we dropped off Nate, Jenell and John back at The Fire, Jamie and I headed home. It was a much less rainy drive back.

No comments: