Saturday, October 10, 2009

Oct 10, 2009

I woke up early out of habit I suppose and got started with a run at the course. It seemed quite easy, possibly because of the run/exercise circuit we did yesterday. I went to the gym after to do some upper body things but I also added some of the leg exercises that I worked on with Ryan last week.

After a shower, I met my mom at Saigon for lunch. They have such good food there. I got the vegetable spring roll vermicelli. So great. The next few hours were spent in various stores around the area including Dick's, Ross, Burlington Coat Factory, Marshalls and Gap. I got stuff. New hiking boots, sneakers, ski coat and some shirts.

After I updated my wardrobe, I decided to update my hair. Or something. This is the last picture before a lot of my hair got chopped off.

Katie did the chopping. I trust her for some reason to decide how my hair should look. I guess it's worked out.. depending on who you ask.

We went up to Philly with the intention of going to Haunted Poe but they were sold out. We ended up at Whole Foods looking at desserts. Chuck and I got pumpkin mousse parfaits while Katie got a Harvest Berry Pie.. even though she didn't want it. We ate (some of) our parfaits and left the parking area, thus ending our trip to Philly for the night.

Katie had been wanting something very specific for a while so I drove to the bakery in Bridgeton instead of going home and got a few of them. It's a canoli! They're really good... and even vegans agree that it's worth it to cheat sometimes...

That was our exciting night out. Why can't we ever find things to do on weekend nights in the city? I guess because we don't go to clubs and get drunk. Oh well.

No comments: