Friday, July 4, 2008

Jun 28, 2008

We woke up in the morning and got ready to go, but not before I got a Whispering Pines photo in the bathroom.

We went to Kozy Korner for breakfast before heading out to Rickett's Glen. The food was really good, even if it was just breakfast.

I started taking pictures as soon as we got to the stream area, of course. I was in store for much more ahead, however.

Jeff and Chuck were also in store for much more, but didn't realize it either..

This was the first bigger waterfall we encountered.

I had to take some pictures and then get out of the other people's way.

There were a lot of waterfalls. Sam and Jeff played in some of them.

There was a lot of steep climbing involved. Many of the areas had steps, but some were just trails and rocks.

This is a nice picture of us on a rock in the middle of the stream.

Sam had to stop for a while at Mr. Reynolds' waterfall.

Since we could get behind this waterfall, we did.

It was a nice one anyway.

Sam and I climbed up to the top of this one. I'm actually washing a bunch of tiny spiders off of me in this picture, not just touching the falls to be cool. They stayed on me for a while after this too.

We saw almost all of the falls on this map, we did the whole blue loop with the exception of one waterfall that was far out of the way.

This was the tallest waterfall on the trail, Ganoga. It was tall, but the area where we're standing was crowded for quite a while. I had to hurry while no one was around to get a picture.

There were a few small falls after the big guy, but not many of note. On the trail back, I found some rocks to climb. It was fun climbing up and Sam got a shot of me at the top.

Jeff was exhausted after the hike. Hey, the warning says to make sure you're in good physical condition.

We came home and made dinner or lunch. We got food at the local grocery store and made grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches. They were really good. I'm sure that was part because of the long hike and hunger but the pepper jack cheese helped too I think.

We hung out around the campfire for a while and let it die down until it got darker out.

We started it up again in a little while and had s'mores. I only had one with chocolate because it hurt my teeth. I made one with just a marshmallow, then I just ate some graham crackers.

I went and got me a shower after we put the fire out and came back to the tent to fall asleep watching Arrested Development.

No comments: