Friday, July 4, 2008

Jun 27, 2008

I worked for a short time in the morning, then met Jess at Chow's for lunch buffet. It seems like it's been a while since I had it so it was good.

I met Jeff and Sam but we realized all of our stuff wouldn't fit in Sam's car, so Chuck came over and graciously agreed to let us take his car. We packed all of our things in the car and headed out. We had to make a few stops before leaving. We got food at Wawa and ate it while Jeff and Sam looked for a tarp at Dick's. I stopped at Staples to say hi to Casie. We dropped off at movie in Glassboro and Chuck got out to Rain-x his windows while we sat inside.

After a long drive up the PA Turnpike, we found our campground. One of the owners led us to our site in his golf cart and gave us some firewood.

We got our tents set up, along with the rain guards since it was pouring before we left town.

I had never used this tent before but it's giant. It even had a divider cloth so Chuck and I had separate rooms.

We got a fire started and sat around talking and singing along to Chuck's guitar playing.

We made some plans about what to do the next day and then got ready for bed and put the fire out.

I'm glad I bought a cot last year so I didn't have to worry about sleeping on the ground at all.

No comments: