Saturday, July 5, 2008

Jul 3, 2008

I had off work today, so I decided I had to do something. So Katie and I went to Philly and got Bubble Tea.

It's just really good flavored tea...

With tapioca "bubbles" in it.

It's pretty great. I want another one.

We went to City Hall to go up in the tower, but all the tickets were sold out for the day.

So we went over to the fountain at Love Park...

And put our feet in the water. It was nice and relaxing. The fountain drowned out the city sounds.

Next we went to the Westin Hotel (I think) and took a tour of it, including the pool on the roof with a nice view. The Comcast tower is right next door.

We went over to the Comcast building to find out if there was an observation deck or anything like it, but there was not. The lobby was pretty awesome though.

The building is very tall and the reflection makes it blend in with the sky.

These guys are also hanging around in the lobby.

We went over to Whole Foods for lunch. Got some more vegan chicken that was amazing.

I hurried home because we had practice at 7, but we ended up playing cards until we got a message from our drummer that he had to work and wouldn't be making it for practice. We were kind of disappointed, just played a few games of Palace and then left.

I went to Maureen's to watch Grace is Gone. It was a great movie, very well done, very sad and dramatic and maybe too realistic. I love John Cusack.

We were going to watch The X-Files movie too but I didn't think I could stay awake for it.

No comments: