Saturday, July 12, 2008

Jul 12, 2008

This morning, Nate came over on his bike and, once we took a ride to pick up mine, we headed down to Laurel Lake.

We got the kayaks from my dad's and went to the dock. I fell in trying to board my kayak, but once I dumped the water out and tried again it was smooth sailing.

We rode out around the edge of the lake and then headed to the far end by the bridge. We took cover under the bridge for shade and a water break.

We headed back after we rested for a bit. It was a really nice day out for it. It takes a lot of upper body work and it's hard but it was much fun. We went to Sopranos for some slices and ran into Jeff getting lunch as well. After eating, we rode back home.

I spent most of my time home talking to my sister and mom about things and looking at old pictures. After I got a shower, I picked up Chuck and Nate to go to Sam's barbecue. They have a plastic disc golf setup for us! We used the targets but we had to get our real discs and make a different kind of game with it.

Sam tended to the grill and made some amazing grilled veggie sandwiches. I want more!

What bbq would be complete without horseshoes? We played a long game that extended until it got dark and we couldn't see. But Jeff and I won the game. Woo.

The fire was started up and we sat around it eating more and drinking beers. Katie got there after she finished working and we just hung out for a couple of hours around the fire.

We had to go and call it an early night, but the whole day was a lot of fun. I'm ready to sleep a bunch and do it again tomorrow.

No comments: