Friday, August 5, 2011

Aug 5, 2011

I got up to find that I had parked in violation of several parking rules that I did not know about.. since there were no signs to tell me. After I got over that, we got everyone in the car and headed to the Sam Adams brewery for a morning tour.

Just as last time, we got the tour (from the same girl that gave me the tour before) of the factory and tasted some barley and smelled some hops to understand the process. She's a good tour guide. She's from Jersey and she referenced Austin Powers and Anchorman!

After the factory, we headed into the tasting room, where we got to taste Boston Lager, Summer Ale and a new beer that is not in production just yet. They were all good, of course, especially the new one.

We grabbed the free trolley outside to go to Doyle's Bar, where Sam Adams was first put on tap. The bus driver blasted "Don't Stop Believin'" on the stereo and tapped the brakes to the beat. It was the most fun I've had on a five-minute ride!

I tried the Lightship Ale, which is a Sam Adams beer that hasn't been produced in fifteen years, in my free pint glass. It was quite good. A lot like the Boston Lager but sweeter. They had a meatless Reuben on the menu! It was good.. but it was just a Reuben without meat and extra everything else.

We dropped off Jackie and Gabe and went across town to meet Casie and Nathan for Jamba Juice. When we found that both locations in town were closed, we went to the Boston Brewery across from Fenway Park. They had Watermelon Ale, which I had to give a try, complete with a big watermelon wedge; I approve.

We stood in the overcrowded bar, full of people waiting for the baseball game across the street to start, hugging the rails as people filed past us constantly. I had the Blueberry Ale, which was wonderful and filled with a large helping of blueberries in the glass.

We had a few beers each and had fun getting Casie drunk before they went over to the game. I really like that bar and had a great time hanging out with them. Going back soon!

We hung out in the area a while before heading back to get our stuff at Jackie's place and then going to Gabe's outside of town. We went to yet another pub at night, though we didn't get any beer or food at this place. The nachos were pretty good, but I was full of Dunkin' Donuts bagel and beer from earlier.

We didn't stay out too long and we were able to grab a shower and get to sleep somewhat early, which was easy despite the party going on in Gabe's house. I was so tired that I didn't even notice!

No comments: