Thursday, August 11, 2011

Aug 11, 2011

After leaving Alex's in the morning I went to the next town over to see Leah while I was in the area. We went to a sushi place down the street called Mr. Sushi. We got the lunch special, which had a lot of food in it. The sushi was gooood. It's been far too long since I've had it.

We took a walk down to the river after eating and talked for a while, catching up on the many goings-on in our lives since the last time we hung out months ago. It was a really nice day to just sit outside and skip rocks or throw them straight into the water as the little kids that came to the river were doing. Trying to put them all back in the water.

After a couple of annoying hours on the road heading back south I met Christy and we went to the Pop Shop. The menu is huge. I forgot how many things there are that look fantastic. I need to take a menu and start crossing things off. I plan on coming back here often if I can.

I had a great grilled cheese with spinach on ciabatta bread and tomato soup with Goldfish and, of course, a coconut root beer. The desserts are so hard to resist as well. Cookie dough balls with ice cream? Come on.

We went for a short walk around the park while we decided what to do and ended up deciding to watch Happy Gilmore. Yes, it's still just as hilarious as it always was. I suggest you watch it right now.

No comments: