Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Aug 2, 2011

Since I didn't get to kayak last night, I went ahead and took a boat out on Union Lake by myself since I still had them and the truck. I paddled out toward the dam and it started to get really choppy when the wind picked up. It was a bit scary as I went over waves and the front of the kayak was going under and pouring water in on me.

I paddled back around the islands and toward where the river comes in. I was only out for about an hour. It was a nice, (mostly) peaceful trip with Brand New and Thrice on the iPod.

After I returned the truck and kayaks I went to Saladworks with Christy and then we came back to Millville and waited for Chuck to pick us up.

We went to Sea Isle and met Fiona at her hotel then went to La Costa's outside bar. Drinks are not cheap, but it has a decent atmosphere. Better than the other bars in Sea Isle.

We sat at the bar for a while and had a couple drinks until Fiona's friend Erica showed up and we went next door to get a slice of pizza and then tried to find another bar to go to. We didn't find one, but we did find a bouncer that didn't know how to do his job. He wasn't sure what number stood for July while looking at a license. That's really all the job is, how can you not know?

We took a walk down to the beach and wandered along the ocean for a while. It was beautiful weather with a nice breeze. We sat and looked at the ocean and got sandy. There were a lot of people out.

After considering infinity and our relative size compared to the ocean and the world and the planets (ok, stop) I took some photos and then we headed back to the bar.

I got some strange drink that mixed banana liqueur, Kahlua, Bailey's and a bunch of other stuff and was served frozen. It wasn't bad. It was most entertaining watching people try to get to the bathroom through a door that only opened from the inside. They just walked up to it and touched it like it would open without a handle. Not us... ahem.. We hung around for another beer or two and then made our way back to the car.

It was a long ride back, probably because I was really tired. I planned to stay up late in preparation for the long drive the next day, but that didn't work. I was so tired when I got home that I went right to sleep.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

sounds like a conversation we had during one of those meteor showers.

D.M. said...

not quite as in depth. More of a survey of infinity, not a full study.

Joanna said...

ahh I see