Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Aug 24, 2011

Once Tracy and I figured out what we were doing and I picked up the truck and the kayaks we met up and put them in the water at the lake in Elmer. We immediately paddled into a tunnel of tree cover, giving us a nice, smooth, shady ride with not too much current.

We saw a lot of turtles on the trees along the river bank. It was wide most of the way through and surprisingly void of much debris or fallen trees.

Besides a few steering incidents, both Tracy and myself had no problem maneuvering through the river. I had never taken that full route before. It's definitely longer than the one we usually do, but much more forgiving as far as blocked path and difficult currents. I liked it. We had a good time and the weather was perfect.

Later I drove up to Plainsboro Preserve in Princeton to meet Joanna. The actual preserve was closed but I found a nearby park that was quiet and open. I spent some time taking long exposure shots of the power lines and stars.

After talking for quite some time I headed home to get to bed before the sun came up.

No comments: