Thursday, August 18, 2011

Aug 18, 2011

The weather looked questionable in the morning, but I decided to take my chances and headed for Philly. I parked in Camden under beautiful blue skies and started biking across the Ben Franklin Bridge. This is the first time I've biked all the way across.

Once in the city I headed straight to the Troc, where I bought Bayside tickets as they went on sale. After that I hit the TLA, AKA Records to get tickets for the Barbary, and finally, the Electric Factory box office. Once I had a bag full of tickets, I headed out for a real bike ride.

I went to the Schuykill River Trail that starts behind the art museum in Fairmount Park. The trail stretches along the river for a long while, going all the way to Valley Forge. I planned to take the twenty mile trip, but the trail becomes confusing and the signage, while good along the single trail on the river, is very poor for turns.

I ended up taking the Wissahickon Trail to the end near Kelly Drive. It was a nice ride overall, but I wish the signs were set up a lot better for directions. I rode back through town, had to stop at the Factory again to grab one more ticket and then headed over the bridge, much slower this time, as it started to thunder. It never started to rain so I met Ryan later for a run at the course where I ran around twice and he did once with 100 Marine squats, which took about the same amount of time.

Chuck and I went up to Landmark to meet people for Laura's birthday celebration. We sat at a table with about 8 people though it was made for 4. We took a bunch of pictures, as we do every time and had some tall Blue Moons. We also started holding up the peace sign to flag our waitress down. Garcon!

Chuck and I enjoyed our beer in the corner as Jess threw various objects at us and we returned the favor. It may have been the three Red Bull drinks she had. Brian was also there so we got to hang out one last time before he went off to Korea!

Shots were also on special so we got a round of Swedish Fish shots. They were quite accurate in the taste. They had quite a few more shots. We just had the one and stuck with beer. It started getting confusing because they got the tab two or three times just to check how much it was. Not a bad idea, but I kept thinking we were leaving.

This blurry pictures explains most of the time in The Spot. We danced in there for the remainder of the night. It was funny for the most part. I liked the DJ though. Drunk Chuck is always fun in the club.

Once the lights came on we were cast out into the pouring rain. We said our goodbyes and walked the several blocks back to where we parked. Chuck took cover under a stranger's umbrella for a few minutes, unbeknownst to them. I just got wet. It felt good. Fun night. Happy birthday, Laura!

No comments: