Friday, August 12, 2011

Aug 12, 2011

After spending much of the morning inside, I wanted to get out for a bike ride so I headed down 47 to the highway and then turned around and came back through town, stopping by my mom's work to drop off the pepper relish that I got her. Wish I got myself one too. It was a good fifteen mile ride, though it seemed much shorter.

My grandmom wanted to get dinner at Texas Roadhouse so I joined her and got the same thing I had last time. Shrimp skewers over rice. The rice is the best part. Not much of an option when we go to a steak house, but at least it's good.

We went to the movies later to see 30 Minutes or Less. Chuck, Jeff, Sam, Matt, Ali, and Wurster were all in attendance. I haven't been to the movies with that large a group since high school. Austin Powers 2 I believe. It's a funny thing being with a large group at the movies since you still really only get the people to either side of you. And I was on the end. The movie was great though. I laughed through the whole thing. We all agreed.

Chuck and I went to the Oar House and tried the Acme IPA, which was pretty strong at first but after easing into I really started to enjoy it. There was actually a good selection outside in the beer garden. Seems like they're actually turning into a bar I'd like to visit.

Jeff showed up shortly after us and we stayed there for an hour or two talking about wedding plans and other such things. I think Jeff may be more nervous having me planning the bachelor party than about the wedding itself. We had a good time.

Chuck and I got some post-drinking grub at Wawa and then I came home and watched Scrubs as I devoured my tuna hoagie. Good evening.

No comments: