Friday, August 26, 2011

Aug 26, 2011

I went out with my dad in the morning to play a few games of tennis at the college. These games were a lot more back and forth than last time. I won the first set, he won the second, and then we called the last one at a draw to get out of the heat. We had a lot of really good points throughout though. We stopped at Shop Rite and got food at the buffet before I came home.

After spending much of the day looking at info on Hurricane Irene, I decided to brave the exodus from New Jersey to get to Philly. Chuck decided to sit it out so I invited Alex to come to the show with me and it ended up being less traffic than any other Friday night. We got to the Barbary as Sainthood Reps were finishing their set, but it sounded great. I Call Fives took the stage next and they were awesome. So much energy and fun songs. I got a shirt.

The Dangerous Summer came out next, opening with my favorite song from the new album and then hitting some older tracks. I was singing along in the crowd of maybe fifty people. It was strange being at such a small venue for a band that I know so well.

They played a few more new songs as the the set went on but stuck to older songs for the most part. It was a pretty short set, unfortunately. They were really good though and I'm glad I decided to come up for it.

The show was over by 9pm so I was back home before 11. It felt very strange, but it was a good show. After watching some things I went to bed and listened to rain pour outside.

No comments: