Friday, August 19, 2011

Aug 19, 2011

I went back to the church in the morning to take some more overall shots of the decorations inside and then the grand finale events. First, the representatives for the girls' and boys' teams were brought up to see which group raised more money for the Haitian charity. The girls won so the guy got a pie in the face. The girl did too eventually. It was all good fun.

The actual last event was a "rocket launch" involving five bottles of soda and kids adding Mentos to them. It was cool to watch and a lot of fun to shoot. I got some great photos of the exploding soda and the running kids. There was a model rocket launch after that which took several attempts to get right and wasn't very good photo op anyway.

I came home and spent the afternoon going through the shots I took and then considered going out but made plans to leave very early the next morning instead. I got to bed quite early and was actually able to fall asleep for once!

No comments: