Monday, August 29, 2011

Aug 29, 2011

I spent the morning packing things up and then bypassing the panicking Millvillians who were worried about the dam overflowing as I helped Jeff and Ali pack up stuff from his house and Sam's onto the truck and into my car. We took it up to his new place in Collingswood and made a few trips to get it all in the house. It's a really nice, big place! This is what the owner of a new apartment looks like.

After finishing up we went over to the Pop Shop, which Jeff is lucky enough to be two blocks from, for lunch. The grilled cheese I got was huge and delicious as always. My soda was not as good, and it was pointed out that I just made a Shirley Temple when I chose Sprite with cherry syrup. Oops.

I left from there to Joanna's, packed up her car and then got on the road north toward Maine. It wasn't the plan to leave so late, but that's what happened.

We were lucky enough not to hit much traffic, but it was still quite a long drive. Less than an hour from Bar Harbor we were too tired to keep going so we grabbed a campsite, put up the tent, and went to pass out.

No comments: