Thursday, August 4, 2011

Aug 4, 2011

I actually got a little bit of sleep before waking up to get my car out of impound and get on the road. I picked up Alex in Seaside, loaded her massive bag into the trunk, and then we headed north over the GW Bridge.

We amended our original plans a little bit, deciding to head to Boston along the way instead of on the way back. It fit our route a lot better this way and we'd get to see more people. There was a lot of traffic along the way so we didn't arrive until evening.

I parked in what I suspected to be a good spot and then we went to Jackie's place to change and make a plan. We went to Rock Bottom, where her boyfriend tends bar, for a few beers while he was working. We tried a few of the in-house beers and all were quite good. We had a good time chatting with each other and the bartenders until Gabe was off work.

We went around the corner to Remington's for cheaper beer and games. Apples to Apples was the main game of the evening. We played quite a few rounds full of ridiculous categories and selections.

In between games and PBRs we played some Trivial Pursuit cards, which I knew far more answers on than I would ever expect, and a few games of metal tic tac toe. We stayed until there was no one else there and the servers were looking at us just waiting for us to pay our tab so they could go home.

We got a few slices of pizza down the street and then retreated to Jackie's apartment to watch Arrested Development before bed. I got into my sleeping bag on the floor and slept for a short time before her sister, Liz, showed up with her friend and her dog. After being licked for a while I got back to sleep.

No comments: