Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Aug 17, 2011

I got up to play tennis with my dad at the college. It was a warm day, but nice for a game. I forgot how good he was. He had me running a lot. I haven't had to work that hard in tennis for a long time. He won both games, but they were close at 5-7 and 4-6. It was a lot of fun.

After I showered and had some food Chuck and I headed up to Rowan to get our podcast started. We did some planning on the setup of the room and the scenes we'd be filming. We came up with some good ideas; namely, just wing it.

We filmed probably an hour's worth of footage. We just did a lot of talking, filmed some intros to the show, and shot some cut scenes that we'll be using. We wanted to shoot our first guest but had some "technical difficulties" with that so it will have to wait. I think we have some good stuff either way.

We went through all the footage after and made sure we would be able to edit it easily with the programs we have access to. It looks like it will work out well. We just need to get the rest of the first episode footage shot and then we can begin the editing process.

We did Quizzo at Applebee's to save us from driving up to PJ's. Some of the questions were actually somewhat difficult. The DJ is still terrible and annoying at times, but at least there was a little bit of a challenge.

We did end up winning! The last round won it for us, I think. We were given 10 cities that we had to spell correctly. We had some trouble with a few, but got 9 out of 10 correct! Cincinnati got us. Someone disputed the spelling of Juneau, Alaska. The DJ actually announced that there were something like four correct spellings for it... uhh.

I had a victory margarita before we left and then came home to watch Rescue Me and Scrubs before bed.

No comments: