Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Aug 16, 2011

I went to my mom's church in the morning to document the summer camp festivities they had going on. There were stations set up where the different age groups would rotate throughout the day. They played games in the chapel and learned to sing songs.

I had fun shooting the kids playing with the bubbles. I think they were just fun and interesting shots. Not to mention there was actually good lighting in this part of the church. The lighting was the most difficult thing to deal with since the theme was "outer space" and a lot of the lights were low.

I saw Natalie for the first time in probably two years. She was working the science lab downstairs, of course. The kids in there all seemed really interested and the experiment were cool. I shot things all over for a few hours and then the kids started getting picked up.

While I was nearby I went to Randy's to get my bike rack. We had to try a couple of them before finding the one that fit my car. I didn't have my bike to try it out, but it fit my trunk well enough for me to not worry about it.

Later I met Christy at the courts for a short-lived game of tennis. She clearly was not feeling it.

We went to the Deptford Mall so I could look for a new lip ring that I did not find and then got some nachos. I had a mango lemonade that was pretty awesome from the same place. We went back to the park after that to get my car and walk around for a short time.

I met Chuck at the Oar House when I got back to town and got an Acme IPA. Erin, whom I haven't seen since my philosophy class three or four semesters ago, came in with a few people and came over to say hi. She sat with us and brought her giant group of birthday people with her.

This strange gnome lady was also there. Chuck was clearly uncomfortable around her. Apparently they were bar hopping and taking the gnome all over the place with them? I don't really know.

One of the guys at the table bought Jolly Rancher shots for everyone. Thanks, strange old guy. We did get to know a few of the people at the table, though it remained me and Chuck for the most part.

Before the night was through, a supposedly homeless man that was sitting alone was offered a seat at our table. He was nice and all, it was just a fun anecdote to mention. We had a good time with an unexpected crowd.

No comments: