Friday, December 31, 2010

Dec 31, 2010

I didn't do a lot during the day. I worked on some ideas for photos and sculptures I want to get done soon and then went out to take some shots around town. I think I've been shooting in the park a lot lately but I've been finding new things each time I go. I came home and exercised and ran on the treadmill for a while before getting ready to go out.

I picked up Chuck and we went to Ocean City and met Jeff, Sam, Jordan and family on the boards, which were still covered with snow on one side. There were a lot of people out there, including a giant line at Mack and Manco's.

We went to Three Brothers' for pizza instead and I got this monster slice of mushroom pizza.

We all met back at Jeff's family's beach house to hang out, have some drinks and watch the bad New Year's Eve programming on TV.

We had plenty of snacks and good conversation to make up for the random hosts and musical acts in Times Square.

We all gathered on the roof for the countdown to midnight as they were setting off fireworks in the distance. We only saw the last few though. Everyone donned their silly hats and counted down.

I can't get too excited about it but I was there alone anyway so I just capture the people who were celebrating. They seem happy.

We went back inside and got back into the game of poker we started shortly before midnight. It had been a long time since I played poker last but I was doing really well.

Everyone mingled, snacked and hung around for a while longer as we played on.

Everyone besides Jeff, Sam, Chuck and I went to bed as we finished our game. Jeff was out next so that left Chuck and I alone to battle heads up. We played until about 5am, when I finally went all in and lost. It was a lot of fun playing though. Chuck and I stayed up talking, went for a walk around the neighborhood and then came back.. never sleeping.. to be continued.

No comments: