Friday, December 17, 2010

Dec 17, 2010

I had planned to leave for Boston in the morning but I decided to push it back so I could go out with the class during the day. I went up to Rowan early to check on my sculpture but I ended up helping Katie finish putting together her portfolio for her interview and giving her a ride to it. I hung out at the bookstore reading the Typo Hunt while she interviewed and then took her back. Good luck!

The timing worked out well because everyone was heading to Landmark as I got back to Westby so we met there and got a big table ready for the group from Typography and GD3, which I am not in. We ordered some drinks and food as our professor, Jan, came in and feigned surprise at seeing us outside of class.

The food was good and we laughed a lot, much like we do in class. We did have a really good class and it was a nice way to end it. Jan was fun outside of class as well. She seemed much more relaxed. It's cool to have professors like that.

We got the waitress to take our group photo and then noticed that Ralph was missing and Matt had his hands in the air in the shot.. those aren't Matt's hands. We all cracked up for a while about that photo and then started heading out.

Brian came back to the studio with me and we took a bunch of photos. We weren't really prepared for a photo shoot but we did the best we could with what we had and got some nice shots.

I stuck around and talked to Joanna for the rest of the night. I learned how to make prints, sort of. I still don't think I'd feel comfortable just going and doing one but I watched the process enough times to have an idea.

This is my favorite print that came out. I don't know if this ended up being the finished product but it's my favorite version. I want to go back there so badly.

After waiting a long time for my car to thaw out since I didn't have an ice scraper, I went home listening to Stuff You Should Know and tried to sleep. Not much luck.

No comments: