Saturday, December 18, 2010

Dec 18, 2010

I had to do some things when I got up before packing and getting ready to head to Philly. I took the train and a the subway to 30th Street station with a group of Santas on their way to a pub crawl.

I caught the Megabus and settled in for a long six hour ride to Boston. I spent my time listening to Stuff You Should Know podcasts, watching Garden State and listening to music while I tried to sleep for a little bit. It wasn't that bad.

When I arrived at South Station, I wasn't sure exactly how to get where I needed to go but I enjoyed just walking around looking at the decorated city anyway. I came to an area I knew and found my way to Remington's Bar, where Jackie and friends were waiting.

I went in and had a beer and some fried food. Not much on the vegetarian side on that menu but the zucchini and mushrooms were decent. I spent a lot of my time having an awkward conversation with a guy I didn't know who was friends with the group.

Eventually I got to talk to Jackie for a bit and play the picture game and trivia on the barcade machine. After a few games, everyone was ready to leave.

I was happy to go, as I was extremely tired at this point. I was ready to go to sleep and really didn't have much trouble.

No comments: