Monday, December 6, 2010

Dec 6, 2010

Although I got there late, I actually made it to the Gallery meeting this week. We mostly discussed fund-raising ideas so we can make the publication the way we want to. I think we have some good ideas for it but we'll see if we can actually make any money with them.

We worked, sort of, all class in Typography. There has been an unusual amount of joking around in that class lately, yet somehow I feel that I've been getting more done. Maybe a fun environment is helping keep me motivated? Whatever it is, it's working and my project is coming along nicely.

I went to Nick's with Matt and Brian for food after class. I hadn't eaten anything yet so I'm surprised I waited that long. We came back to Westby where I got some tips on using clay for my next sculpture project and then hung out in the computer lab with Brian and Michele until Chuck picked me up.

We found our way to Newark Penn, accompanied by our adversary, Henkel and McCoy, the whole way up the Turnpike. When we got to the city we walked a few blocks in the cold to the Gershwin Hotel.

We were there early enough to get some food. I had an awesome tofu veggie sandwich and a big cup of oolong tea. How convenient that they have a little cafe in the hotel lobby.

We got our tickets and went into a little room in the back where Jonah was tuning and there were rows of plastic lawn chairs in the center. After a few moments of talking and three minutes of silent thinking time he played his first few songs. There was some commotion after leaking water behind where Jonah was sitting started to cause concern with the hotel manager.

After quite rudely interrupting the show a couple of times, the owner requested we all leave that room. So, with chairs in hand, we all exited to the next room next to the lobby. We set up our chairs close to the stage area and they closed the curtains to separate the room slightly.

Jonah got back into it and sang a bunch more songs. He played for a long time, playing a request from both Chuck and myself. Some songs were quiet and somber and others were loud and rockin'. It was a good time. His shows always are. It's always a very emotional experience.

We went right back to Penn after the show and only had to wait about twenty minutes for our train. I was surprised at how empty the train and the streets were for a night so close to Christmas.

We listened to Gratitude for the whole drive home. I couldn't sleep for a while after I got home of course but all I got done was watching How I Met Your Mother and Friends.

1 comment:

Nathan Terry said...

Is that one show - "How I met your mother and friends"?