Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dec 30, 2010

I picked up Jenny in the early afternoon to walk around at Parvin's Lake and takes some photos in the snow. It looked pretty nice all around there. I was actually surprised at how packed down some of the paths were.

Once we had our fill of snow walking we went to Saigon for lunch. I got tofu curry which was delicious. This is the first time I've had Vietnamese curry and I like it. Mixing in all of the different spicy sauces makes it even better. We stayed there for a while drinking jasmine tea and talking for a while before we both had to get going.

I met Shannon at her house and we headed north to Starland Ballroom for the holiday show. We got there as the first band, We Were Skeletons, were playing. They were pretty good but I'd like to hear some recorded stuff. We found a spot in the elevated bar area to see better and get some pizza while we watched Acid Tiger. I liked their music but it's not really for me.

I went down front for Four Year Strong. They played an amazing, energetic set as they always do. A lot of people were really into it.

There really wasn't anything I wanted them to play that they didn't. I'm not as familiar with some of their newer songs but I knew most of the ones they played.. and the show wasn't even over after that.

A little wait later and Thursday came on to play Full Collapse in its entirety. Most of the songs on that album are amazing so it's nice to hear them all. I made my way up front slowly through the first four songs and then it was much easier going.

The crowd was actually great so no complaints there. They came back to only play six songs after Full Collapse. It's a little disappointing because there are so many more songs that I wanted to hear, but they played "Asleep in the Chapel," "Tomorrow I'll Be You" and "Jet Black New Year" of course. The best song of the night was "How Long is the Night?" It was really powerful and amazing. I love seeing them live.

The ride home wasn't too bad. I put on some low music as we followed the Turnpike back to Shannon's and then I headed home listening to a podcast. It was a good night.

No comments: