Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dec 8, 2010

I finished making some adjustments and cuts to my pieces for the BFA In-Progress Review and brought my stuff to Westby to display for evaluation. I'm glad to have that done so I don't have to worry about it.

We had a Gallery meeting where we gathered some ideas about raising funds, but mostly we did this. It was a very goofy meeting and we slacked off a little bit. Don't worry though, we got some things going.

We critiqued designs in small groups for Typography. It's basically refinement at this point; working out the smaller details. The class went by slowly but I got some modifications done and then went to talk to Tom about my clay sculpture that I am doing for the end of the year.

I came right home after that to continue the process of packing. I took all my clothes out of my closet and put them right into my car to take away. I got a lot of stuff out and did my laundry so I could start with all clean clothes.

I picked up Chuck and we went up to The Abbaye for the Yards Brewery night. I started with the Love Stout, which was a darker beer that had a strange yet still enjoyable taste.

I got The Burger and chuck got the seitan cheese steak as we tried out the other two beers, the IPA and Brawler. I liked Brawler but I ended up sticking with the Love Stout for most of the night.

After the brewery special was over we sampled a couple of other brews while we hung out and enjoyed the wonderful atmosphere that is The Abbaye.

As always, it was a good night of beer and conversation. I came home to watch Psych before bedtime.

No comments: