Friday, December 10, 2010

Dec 10, 2010

I got up in the morning and packed the truck full of things that were going to be sold at the flea market and took down my computer and the last few things that I had in the house.

After double checking that everything was out of the house, I locked it behind me and left.

With all of my belongings officially moved to the new room I could do nothing but unpack and set things up. I got my desk cleaned and reassembled before going to get food and picking up the modem to set up the internet. It took a lot of talking on the phone but they finally got it working.

After spending the day unpacking boxes and stocking shelves with books and movies, I picked up Chuck and Shannon and headed to Mad River in Philly for Alex's early birthday celebration. We were there before anyone else in our party so we got some drinks and got a feel for the place.

When Alex got there she told us about the scavenger hunt part of the night. One of the things to do was to get as many people as possible to write a note to the birthday girl in a notebook. I know it doesn't seem odd to see Chuck writing in a notebook at a bar.

The songs started getting better and/or we had more drinks so we started dancing.

Chuck and Shannon were even having fun together. We spent most of the time on the dance floor, dancing or standing in a circle while we talked and had random people dance into us.

I found a hat on the floor that clearly came from one of the "boring" Navy guys that Shannon had the pleasure of talking to earlier in the night. They weren't doing too well I guess, losing hats and all.

Chuck and I had a few moments that Allie would have enjoyed. The DJ played some good musics for most of the night and we danced until he told us we had to leave.

The night was a lot of fun and I think we gave Alex a good pre-birthday party. I fell asleep right away when I got home, being very tired and realizing I could only sleep for a little over three hours.

No comments: