Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dec 16, 2010

I went to Rowan early to make my Power Point that I should have made last night and then help Shannon with her practical exam. I forgot to bring shorts this time so I got to wear her lovely pink ones. The exam was easy for me.. not so easy for her. Stress really makes things harder to remember.

We gave our presentations in Art Since 1945 and they took longer than planned, of course. There were some interesting artists being presented that I'd like to learn more about. My presentation went really well. I did Chris Jordan, whose work I really love. I had to leave before the speeches were over since class ran over and I had to meet Jenn for the one on one. We had a good conversation and she seemed happy with my work and praised me a lot in general. It felt good.

While waiting for Keith, Michelle and I decided to order a pizza and get someone to deliver it since it was snowing. It was delicious, as all I'd eaten was a dry bagel in the morning on the way to school. Alex came in and we hung out in the lab until Keith was ready to talk to us. He looked over my newest set of portrait shots and gave me some suggestions on how to improve them. Overall he was very happy with what I had shot though. He's always helpful.

We went to Melissa's opening and had some snacks and a little bit of wine. Alex and I made a trip to the bookstore, where we accidentally crashed a Chamber of Commerce party and I insulted a woman who had graduated Rowan as an art major by saying they didn't want me as part of their organization since I was "just an art major." She was really offended. I was just joking, lady, come on.

I spent the next few hours in the computer lab with Josh and Alex, listening to music and helping with whatever I could as she put together her packaging stuff for tomorrow.

I really like her design for these honey containers. There are a lot of references to the hexagonal shape of honeycombs and I like that the labels are clear so you can see the honey. It has a great natural color and it makes sense to use that.

Before I left I tried to help shooting some of her packaging in the studio on the scoop even though I had only used it once before. I think I might have helped a bit, but I need to get into the studio and shoot some products just so I have the experience.

After spending all day at Westby I finally came home. I really enjoyed myself there today, which is something I haven't done in way too long. Now I've stayed up much later than I should have and I need to get some sleep.

No comments: