Thursday, October 7, 2010

Oct 7, 2010

I did not feel like getting up for class in the morning so I slept in and went to Web class later. Jenn finally got to tell me what she thought of my finished site and we learned a few new things that I forgot right after she showed us.

I helped Keith carry the framed photos over to Rowan Hall to set up for the Seward Johnson reception. They ended up using six of my photos for it, including my favorite one of the guy sitting in the grass. I want a printed copy of that one.

After a short time the event was in full swing, with mini crab cakes and good beer available. It was a very classy thing and I was a little under dressed. It's okay, I'm an art student.

A lot of the professors were there and we just wandered around talking since there wasn't really any new artwork to look at. I got compliments on my photos and I got a lot of good food from the waiters walking around.

Dr. Farish made a speech thanking Seward Johnson and recalled some stories about the installation and observation of the statues around campus. Mr. Johnson gave a thankful speech after that, telling us about other incidents including one where a sculpture he sold to a celebrity was shot by their security team because they weren't informed of its installation on the grounds. He was a very funny guy. After his talk he asked us to watch his food and then left, never to return.

Heather made a large pot of nachos and we watched The Taking of Pelham 123. It was a good movie. I didn't have any expectations going into it and I was happy with it. The nachos were really good as well but I ate too much of them.

It was a pretty nice day overall once I got done with my slight hangover. It was nice to have my work shown but it seems like most often the things that I get out there are photographs of other people's work and not my own artistic photos.

No comments: