Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oct 19, 2010

I did my reading/writing assignment for Art History in the morning and got to class just a little late, which is right on time for that class. We barely got to discuss it anyway. I met Keith, Alex and Mark in the studio to go over some lighting techniques and do some tests with it. I feel more comfortable with the equipment already. It's nice to actually get in there and do something with it so I remember how to use it.

In Web Design we learned a few new things on Dreamweaver and then did a long critique on two people's sketches. The rest of us have to wait.

Jeff and I went up to the Electric Factory and got inside just before the Bouncing Souls went on. They were pretty good but I don't know much of their music and it got old after a few songs.

Bad Religion came out next and played tons of songs spanning their thirty years and thirteen albums. Unlike the Bouncing Souls, they still have a lot of energy and really seem to be enjoying themselves on stage.

There were some crazy people in the pit up front. Jeff stayed there for the whole show while I retreated to center of the crowd.

As it seems to be with bands that have so much material, they never play all the songs you want to hear. There was a lot more I would have liked to have heard from them but what they did play was great. Definitely a band that hasn't lost steam.

I came home from the show pretty exhausted and ready to crash.

No comments: