Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Oct 12, 2010

The morning began with Keith teaching our Art Since 1945 class about photographers from the '50s and '60s. I knew about a bunch of them but there were some interesting people that I had never heard of as well.

Our portrait group met with Keith to discuss progress on our continuing projects and then we went to Web Design where we gave our presentations on the content for our next sites before the fire alarm went off for the second time in a week. We had to go stand outside in the rain awkwardly until we could go back in. The ceramics people keep burning stuff outside the building and the smoke comes in and sets off the alarm.

I went home after class and had something to eat before heading back up to Rowan with Chuck for a minute to see the reception for "Getting Westby Out of Westby" at the Student Center, where a bunch of our work was hung up to show people who might not frequent the art building like we do. I put my cigarette there in a slightly different context.

We continued from there to Johnny Brenda's in Philly where Johnny Foreigner was just about to start. I got an Oktoberfish by Flying Fish Brewery and enjoyed their set very much. Yes, they had a keytar and yes, that is a bad shot.

Los Campesinos were up next and they played a great set. I didn't know a lot of the songs they played but that didn't matter at all. They were a lot of fun and everyone was into it and dancing. They were very energetic too and they fit like eight people on the stage so that's impressive.

We had a nice drive home listening to Reel Big Fish and then I fell asleep thanks to the various pumpkin ales I had to drink.

No comments: