Monday, October 4, 2010

Oct 4, 2010

I came in a few hours early in the morning to put some finishing touches on a few designs and my paper then printed out the pages and put them together to hand in.

Once I had finished I joined the gallery meeting already in progress to talk about more specific ideas for the publication. Everyone had some good input and we started refining a lot of the more general ideas that we started out with. And Alex brought apples.

We handed in our type folders, feeling relieved to be done with the first problem.. and then immediately had to start sketching for the next one. I was so not in the mood to sit and sketch ideas for two hours after all the type I'd been working on the past few days. But I did. I don't know how good any of the ideas were.

After class I met with Jenn to find out what I was doing wrong with my website. Once she showed me one thing it all seemed much easier and I sat there and finished the website. I went to several stores looking for materials for my backup sculpture idea. I had this idea in the beginning of the semester and planned to use it eventually but since the other one wasn't going so well I chose to use it now.

After many stores and a little brainstorming I found the materials I needed. I went into the spray booth and did my best to make this look the way I wanted it to. I was happy with the coloring of the spray paint.

I came home, pleased with the progress I had made in such a short time with both my site and the sculpture.

No comments: