Sunday, October 10, 2010

Oct 10, 2010

I went to see my mom for a while in the afternoon and we had tortellini for lunch. It was really good, all mixed with vegetables. After eating I helped her set up a Facebook account so she can stalk people.

Later, I went up to Rowan for the candlelight vigil for the recent victims of suicide around the country. There were a good deal of people there and it began with a poem sung by a group of students.

We walked the campus with our candles to six spots, stopping at each to speak about and take a moment for one of the six gay men who took their lives over the past weeks. It was a solemn event but it was nice to see so many people showing up to show support for equality.

I went back to Westby to finish up some work on my website since I have to have my final version. I finally figured out what I needed to do and got it working.

Kat decided she wanted to make cupcakes so I had one. Only one, even though she wanted me to eat the rest. There was also chocolate cake with a cookie bottom and peanut butter icing. That was the good stuff.

I came home and probably passed out in a sugar sleep.

No comments: