Saturday, October 2, 2010

Oct 2, 2010

My day began with a very frustrating trip to Lowe's. I had to buy styrofoam for my sculpture and the piece was so big I needed to get it cut in half. Apparently they can't cut it but they can let customers use their knives.. though it was a dull knife, I feel like that wouldn't be a standard practice. So I cut it in half and then realized it didn't fit in my car in any way. I went back in to cut it in quarters, asking for a sharper knife since the cut would need to be more precise. I finally got one and then used a long ruler off the shelf and cut it up, leaving it a perfect size to just barely fit in my trunk.

I went to Rowan to work on my Type project, getting a decent amount of work done and printing out some working designs.

I went to the sculpture room to cut out some pieces of styrofoam once they were glued together. Gorilla Glue really works well. Mich showed me how to use the machines because I really didn't remember.

I had my cutouts and I glued the would-be nipples onto the foam areolas. Once that had set up I added some liquid latex/rubber mold stuff to it to see how it would set up. I wasn't really happy with the color, texture and overall look of the latex on foam. I would need several coats or some color to make it look lifelike so I decided to call it a day on the sculpture and think of what to do.

After going home and getting ready to go out, Chuck and I went to Katie's for some beers and delicious vegan tacos. I think they were better than real tacos, but once I again it's been a long time since I had "real" tacos. In any case, they were great.

Alex and Erynne joined us as well as we played Cranium. It was boys v. girls in an exciting match. We were ahead almost the entire game but they began catching up toward the end. We were both at the last position and they won it.

We had a few more beers and we all headed home shortly after.

No comments: