Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 12, 2013: Revival

So it's a new day; a new year. There are many reasons I let the blog fall by the wayside. Unfortunately the main reason was because I got behind and I have an obsessive need to keep the continuity in place. I didn't want to leave any days empty. So instead of picking up where I happened to be and missing a month of posts, I stopped doing it altogether and let a year and a half go by without posting. While I have not missed the extra time it took to write the posts and upload photos, I have missed being able to go back and see the things I've done.
I suppose not wanting to take the time to write the blog is not a good thing. If I'm not enjoying it, why do it? That's why I'm hoping to change the format a bit. I still want to take more photos of myself and friends and keep a log of what I've been doing. But I also want to be more artistic and write more freely instead of just making a list of what I did each day. This is probably the most I've talked about thoughts and feelings on this particular blog, while my others are filled with nothing but emotional vomit in the form of free verse poetry. So this is my attempt at a revival.
The saddest thing about this is looking at the last post from a year and a half ago and seeing how similar my life is to it. It feels like I haven't advanced. I have in some ways, but in others I remain the same person I was and that's unfortunate. I always hope that chronicling my life can help me reflect and grow, but it seems that is rarely the case. With that said, here goes.

Disclaimer: Some of the posts will be backdated to fill in events that have already happened so they will appear before this post.

No comments: