Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Nov 27, 2013


I woke up, hoping I'd see a job come up while cursing that I passed on the Vineland job I saw last night, and then when I'd almost given up hope, an elementary job popped up for Holly Heights. I grabbed it quickly and headed out the door. The term "half day" is a terrible misnomer, and the day seemed possibly longer than average. There weren't really plans left for the students since it was a last minute call-out, but we did what we could. Overall the day passed without incident, save for one kid who pestered me all day. I mean, it is first grade, but come on. Grow up.


I went home and changed then headed to the gym to meet Ryan. We did mostly arm and shoulder exercises and then took to the Pit for some more handstands. It really seems like we are getting better every time. We just have to keep at it this time and not let the good stuff fade before we are confident enough to do them any time.


Soon after getting home I picked up Chuck and we headed to the Abbaye for Bullfrog Brewing's U Buy the Glass night. They had quite a selection (and awesome glasses.) I started with the Aggro Wheat, which was light and really good once it warmed up a little. The Tafelbier was excellent as well. It was more malty, but still light and delicious. I tried some of Chuck's Saint Satan, which is a wonderful tripel. It's really sweet and does not taste like a high alcohol beer.


As we joked about when we ordered, they only had one meal left of what Chuck and I both got so we decided to split it. It happens so often. I'm glad we split it, because it was very filling and amazingly delicious. Then the beer sampling continued. The Bullfrog IPA was great. It was very earthy, as Chuck and I agreed, but it was hard to place the exact taste. The best beer of the night was definitely the Chubbel. A chocolate dubbel. Wonderful. It was nothing like what either of us expected, tasting more like a sour than anything. It finished with a light candy chocolate taste that lingered in a very pleasing way.


After we finished up and paid, we took a quick walk over to the Foodery. I had no intention of buying any beer as I have two six packs at my house and I've been trying to drink less. After we perused for a while, Chuck had a four-pack of beers I'd like to sip on, and I had two bottles of DuClaw's Sweet Baby Jesus in my hand. I need to make up for not having a pint last time I visited! Anyway, we took our purchases and headed back home. It was still early when I got back, but I was ready for bed and I knew I had to be up early for Thanksgiving work so I was right to the bed.

No comments: