Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Nov 20, 2013

I worked at Lakeside today for a math class. My first couple of classes weren't bad and they actually went by quickly because I had to teach a lesson, check homework, and repeatedly go over the same problems with students. I actually enjoyed teaching them how to do the distribution problems because they went from seeming like they have no clue at all to doing it on their own with no problem once I showed them. It's amazing how much their disposition changed once it clicked for them. My last class was just terrible though. They would not shut the hell up. It took twice as long to do everything because I had to stop so often to tell them to be quiet. I was so stressed by the end of the day.



Partly due to the stress, but more because it was pretty nice out after work I headed over to the park with plans to run a lap or two. After I started running I wasn't sure if I would finish the first lap. It's always like that starting out cold. Halfway around I was feeling better so I extended the loop and then continued on to the second lap. I decided to do a third after that and then felt like I would challenge myself to do a fourth. After the fourth lap I had decided to stop, but for some reason I just kept running and then figured I should just go around one last time. All that to say I ended up running 6.5 miles in 60 minutes. I was pretty happy with that; it's the longest I've run in a long time at a pretty good pace. I need to keep it up.


I got some celebratory Moe's for dinner and came home to watch Boardwalk Empire while I ate. I got a shower and did some laundry before meeting Chuck, Matt, and Kate at Quizzo. It was a good game, and we thought we had a chance, but apparently we didn't even qualify for the three-way tie for second. I learned that humans can't sneeze while they sleep, and was slightly impressed in my etymological skills on one question. Once we lost we called it a night and headed out. Now I've put my clothes away and packed up for the next couple days so it's about bed time.


No comments: