Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Nov 13, 2013

I had a good day at work, in for a science teacher at Memorial. The students were good and they worked quietly on bookwork and then we watched a video about ocean life hosted by Leslie Nielsen. It was as silly as you'd think. Probably would have been better to show Planet Earth. I need to watch those again. I also got a bunch of blog updating done so I've backdated even further now.


After work I had lunch and finished watching New Girl and Son of Anarchy then I went for a walk along the river trail. I wanted to shoot some foliage, but it wasn't so colorful anymore. I got a few shots, but the sun had already dropped below the treeline so I couldn't even get the light. After shooting a few photos and dropping my book at the library I headed home and got ready for the night.

I picked up Chuck and met Kate and my sister and then we headed to The Abbaye. We got a good parking spot and a table for six and ordered our food. I got the summer salsa rice veggie burger and split some wings. The burger was good but super filling and I couldn't even eat more than one wing unfortunately. Stoudts was having their U Buy the Glass night and we sampled five beers. The Four Play IPA #4 was very good as was the Scarlet Lady ESB. The Pils and Revel Red were quality also, and the Big Nasty IPA was strong and hoppy.


Jamie got there right after us and Tracy showed up a little later. We had a new waiter and I think we like him. We rarely had an empty glass. The food was great and we spent some time guessing what NFG might open with and debating whether or not anyone besides my sister was happy that they weren't playing second. I asked Meaghan to do the raffle a little early since we had to leave, and Tracy ended up winning a mixed six pack! Good thing we stayed.


We headed to the Electric Factory in time for a brief wait until New Found Glory played. They definitely mixed up the set a bit from previous shows. It was nice. The crowd was hit or miss (ha!), but I was surprised they weren't into some songs but were into others. There were a few jerks in the pit that were being really obnoxious and swinging. I got hit a couple of times and then hit in the face intentionally because someone thought I was hitting his friend. So many assholes always appear at a NFG show. I have no idea how this happens. In any case it was a great set and enjoyable except for the facial abuse.


Alkaline Trio came on next, playing a bunch of really old, somewhat old, and newer stuff. I ventured that I knew about 70% of it. I wasn't feeling like getting into anything after the previous incidents so I stood with Chuck and watched. While they are a great band and they play well live, the room really lost a lot of energy after NFG played. They just have a more upbeat, fun set and crowd participation that lends well to a headliner. Ohh well, we got to calm down before getting in the car.


The drive home was good as I wondered how my face would look. It doesn't look that bad yet, but I iced it a little bit as I watched Oz awkwardly. Icing your forehead isn't the easiest thing to do. Once my head was nice and cold I gave in to my sleepiness.

No comments: