Sunday, November 10, 2013

Nov 10, 2013

It was another early wake up day. Not sure if that's holdover from DST or just me getting to sleep early. Probably both. I met Ryan in the morning for the gym a little earlier than planned because we both were up. We did weights and machines, but neither of us were feeling it too much so we left after we did 5 or 6 exercises. He wanted to stop to get some lunch at Subway so we stopped there and then headed over to the course.

I played a good game except for a few holes. As is the norm. I had 4 birdies I believe, including hole 18 from a pretty far distance putting. I was happy with that. The weather was perfect so it was really nice being outside. Sadly I didn't take advantage of that after I went home and had food and relaxed until it was time to head to Sayreville.


Jeff, Kate, and I sat in the car for a while drinking Fort Collins beers and Dogfish Head Black & Blue while we waited to go inside. We went in and met up with Franklin and Kody until Goldfinger came on. Halfway through the first song, Jeff told me Mike Herrera from MxPx was playing bass! Pretty sweet surprise. 


Their set was awesome and I went up on stage for Mable. It was a really good time and the crowd was great too.


The Reel Big Fish were up next, and they were no worse for having recently lost yet another member in Dan Regan. Their set was great also. We had fun dancing the whole time and taking short breaks during new songs. The drive home seemed long as it always does from Starland. I was tired by the time we got close to home but luckily Jeff woke up from his nap to talk to me. I had no trouble getting to sleep when I fell into bed. 

No comments: