Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Nov 12, 2013

Since I went to bed so early last night I was early to rise this morning. It was kind of nice to have an hour or more to have breakfast and get ready in the morning. I went to work as a Spanish teacher at Memorial. I was put in yesterday for three weeks of coverage because the previous long-term sub had to go out for some reason. This meant I might actually have to teach! So I met up with the other Spanish teacher who informed me I'd need to spend my one break period in her class watching what she does and then teaching my class the same thing. I was already not feeling this, but after my first class and finding out I'd need to grade all of their papers as well (with no break period) I told her I wouldn't be in tomorrow. At least it was nice watching the sudden snow storm out the window during class.


I took my lunch break and finished out the day at Lakeside, where they had no plans whatsoever for the 8th grade Spanish classes. Not sure what they plan on having them do next. I improvised and borrowed some movies from another teacher for the day. We watched Matilda and A Shark Tale. They are both really good; I'd forgotten. My one class worked in silence because they were terrible when I tried to tell them we were going to watch a movie, and the last class didn't come down because I told them I had nothing for them. Getting out early is always nice if only to beat the traffic.

I had planned to do a shoot with Alex at the park, but overnight it had gotten really cold and we decided against it. Instead I went home and had some food and watched some Oz before getting suddenly motivated to go shopping. I went to the mall and looked for sports coats/suit jackets and a couple other things. I got a pair of gloves that seem warm and have the texting finger things so I can use my phone while running. After browsing several stores I found nothing in the price range I wanted so I moved on to my last chance: Goodwill.

I never seem to have luck at this place, but today I found so much! My perusal of the jacket section had me taking about 6 jackets and 4 button down shirts. I left with 4 jackets and 3 shirts at a total cost of $29. I need to visit more Goodwill stores. I was happy with my purchases so I took them home and headed to the gym to meet Ryan. I finally picked up a new pair of gym shorts because I had put my others in the laundry right before I was supposed to leave. We did several sets of exercises on a timer then I did some sad assisted pull-ups. I've lots a bit of my previously respectable ability to do them.

After the gym we had a walk around the hospital and college before heading home. It was a chilly but nice night for a stroll. I went to Kate's for a little bit, but when I came home I wasn't tired at all because of all the rest I got last night. I spent an hour or so organizing my closet to fit in my new purchases while I watched Oz. Always a good time.



No comments: