Monday, November 11, 2013

Nov 11, 2013

I subbed for Erika at Lakeside and Memorial today. It was the usual at Lakeside because she had no classes and I don't teach lessons. Filling in for a friend who is a teacher always feels a little odd because they have a full time job and I'm just the place holder while they take a paid day off. I don't hope for this to be a total downer every time I write, I promise. In any case, I spent my time reading Russell Brand's My Booky Wook and really enjoying it. That was partly what made me want to get back to writing this blog. The Memorial classes were both good as well and the day went quite quickly.

After work I met Kate for a game of disc golf. It was a nice day but getting chilly. I played pretty well for the most part. A few holes I messed up pretty good, but I got 4-5 birdies and hit some putts from a good distance. While I see myself improving at disc golf, I never totally feel in control of my shots. I finally landed my drive on hole 13 right under the basket. So I did much better there, but that's a good metaphor for a lot of things in my life. I am inconsistent. I can be perfect some of the time and terrible at others. An unfortunate fit.
I spent the rest of my night at home having a good dinner and then switching between reading and watching Burn Notice until I went to bed at around 9. I stayed up longer, but I was super tired and it was nice getting in bed early.

No comments: