Thursday, November 28, 2013

Nov 28, 2013

I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning, but of course once I did I felt fine. I drove to Delaware listening to Nick Offerman read his book to me. It really passes the time. I stopped at a McDonald's to film the shuttle bus pickup taking homeless people to the elementary school a few miles away where Alvin and the Faith Victory Church had the Thanksgiving dinner event getting started. I filmed the volunteers unloading the trucks and setting up the food. I went to the auditorium where they had everyone sitting to wait, and there was a strange puppet show going on about why we give thanks. 


Anyway... The people came in for dinner and got a plate and a drink. The event went much more smoothly than I thought it would. After dinner they had a clothing area where anyone could pick up a coat, hat, or gloves as well as any other clothes that were available. I did a group shot of the volunteers and then I was ready to go. I was so ready that I forgot to get my deposit. Oh well.


I went over to Brandywine for a round by myself. It was really windy and a bit cold, but I was already there so I wanted to just play. They definitely call if Brandywind for a reason. I did pretty well on most holes, but there were a few where it seemed like I hardly threw the disc because the wind blew it back at me. I almost lost one disc in the stream, but I have lost quite a few discs on that hole in the past. After the first 9 holes I decided I'd had enough and called it a game.


On my way home I stopped at my mom's for some food and to hang out and talk. She made these apples with oatmeal, almonds, and brown sugar that was fantastic. It tasted like warm apple sauce but sweeter. It was a nice time hanging out.


I came home for a while and then went to Ryan's to play some more of the New Super Mario Bros U. We took a break and had a walk around the neighborhood with Anya and played a little more when we got back before quitting. I came home and had some food, and now I'm really tired. Bed.

No comments: