Monday, November 4, 2013

Nov 4, 2013

My sub job of the day consisted of one class at Memorial and then four shorter ones at Lakeside with a big break in the middle. Not a bad schedule if you ask me. Except for a few of the usual problems it was a good day. The nice weather after work led to a game of disc golf with Kate. I played quite well and only lost my disc under the leaves a few times. Another enjoyable autumn day before the leaves are gone and so is the mild warmth.


After having something to eat I headed up to PBs where I met Johanna for our first time hanging out in maybe a year?! It was great to see her and catch up over some tasty beers. I had Starr Hill's The Love, which is a fantastic wheat beer and they donate proceeds to breast cancer research. Nice to see a lot of breweries getting into the charity spirit lately. I followed that up with a Victory Dirtwolf, something I can't remember, and an Allagash White. The guy next to us was chatting with us about some random subjects and kept offering us his appetizer. Somehow, with each of us having 4 beers our bill came to $11. I did have the NJCB card which gives me $2 off per beer, but there was definitely something off in that math. Not one to every argue a bill that's too little, I gladly paid the barkeep and took my leave.

I had a nice time with Johanna and once I left I met Ryan in Vineland for a nice long walk around the usual neighborhoods. We had a lot to talk about it seemed so we took our route even farther than we normally do. It was a great, crisp night for walking and talking. It seemed like there was a long time where we didn't do it much anymore so I'm glad to be back. After that it was home time and bed after a good day.

No comments: