Thursday, November 7, 2013

Nov 7, 2013

After awaking quite early in the Wal*Mart lot to a leafblower outside the car, we got up and packed in then headed to a nearby cafe for a quick breakfast. We then headed over to Rockburn Branch DGC. It was overcast and only a little chilly, but a really nice day for disc golf. The grass was still a bit wet so I was repeatedly wiping down my disc after each shot. I didn't recognize the course except for the name until hole 3, which I recall being much more overgrown when Ryan, Nathan, Chuck, and I were there a couple of years ago. They have also updated the signs which desperately needed it.


The course was fun and the weather just got better as we played. There was a good mix of open and wooded holes, and the scenery was beautiful all the way around as the leaves were changing colors. Lots of bright yellows and oranges surrounded us, making it pleasant yet difficult to find my mostly yellow discs. I played pretty well overall. I found a disc out in the fairway on the front 9, and I almost lost one of my drivers when it sailed into the woods and got caught up a tree. Luckily Kate noticed it and I climbed up to get it.

After the course we were both ready for food. We made our way to Ellicott City and Ellicott Mills Brewery. We had to wait about 45 minutes for it to open so we walked around the town as it started to lightly drizzle. It was a really cute, quaint little town on a hill with old buildings and little shops lining the main street of which I took no photos. We went into a comic book shop where they sold a ton of hot sauces. I sampled quite a few and one of them did leave me gasping a bit. After enough sampling and reading bottles about scofield units it was time to go eat. Not my photo below. It wasn't that nice out either.


Ellicott offered 2 flights of 4 beers each. Of course we tried both because it's impossible to choose. There was a dunkel and a marzen that were both quite good as well as a quite refreshing pilsner and an Aussie style beer called Boomerang that I liked a lot. It tasted like a kolsch to me. We had some tasty food and some of the best fries I've had ever. I usually want to drown my fries in ketchup, but these were awesome with nothing. We finished up our flight and resigned to the fact that we would not be playing Patapsco State Park DGC that day so we headed home.


A long drive had me tired so I had a nap when I got home and later met Ryan for our first visit to the gym in quite a while. I found a lot of the exercises quite easy still when it came to ab things and push-ups, but once we got to pull-ups my gain of weight and loss of muscle really shone through. It's a sad fall from grace since I was so happy to have gained the ability to do 7 or so pull ups in a row when I could barely do 1 when I began. I'll just have to start over again from scratch. We took a nice long walk around the hospital and the college with plenty to talk about and a nice night. When I came home I watched Thursday shows and went to bed somewhat early.

No comments: