Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Nov 19, 2013



I worked at Lakeside for a Geography teacher today. She didn't leave enough plans and, curiously, the plans she did leave were to read a Lewis Carroll poem with the class and have them analyze it. I didn't put together that it had nothing to do with Geography until the second class. Regardless the students finished much too early so I put on Remember the Titans to occupy the rest of the period. Since the internet was down and I hadn't seen the whole movie in a long time I used my break periods to finish watching it. It's a really good flick.


I went home to change and then met Ryan at the gym. We did a bunch of back exercises and some handstands which seemed extremely awkward today for some reason. I used the showers at the gym for the first time today. Only slightly awkward because the locker room was really packed when I got out.


I met my grandmom at Saigon for dinner. I had been craving curry so I went for it. I asked for it extra spicy like always and it was actually spicy! It was the perfect mix of spicy so that I could taste it, but I didn't feel like I needed to drink a gallon of milk. They no longer have smoothies for some reason so I had to forego dessert. 


Kate and I headed to Delaware next to go to Total Wine so she could buy Christmas presents in the form of large bottles of beer. Jeff met us there and browsed with us. I ended up getting a mixed six pack and a six of Rogue Hazelnut Brown because it is the best thing ever. They have a growler station which I would like to take advantage of in the future.


We followed Jeff over to Applebee's in Wilmington for his Quizzo. We had some time before the show to hang at the bar and have a beer until he got started. He went through the rounds really quickly, but I kind of prefer that to all the waiting we usually do at the home game. Some of the questions were really hard, including the sports round, for which we got no questions correct. It was a fun game, especially the movie quote clip round. Surprisingly we were only 3 questions out of 2nd place and 5 out of 1st. Not too bad. Who really knows the smallest countries in the world by population?


Damn Vatican City... Anyway we made it home and I've stayed up too late waiting to get a job for tomorrow. Maybe in the morning time.

No comments: