Thursday, November 14, 2013

Nov 14, 2013



The day started out a little late so I took my breakfast with me to work since I know the art teacher I was in for, and I knew I had off the first two hours. Unfortunately when I arrived I was told I had to cover a Spanish class. The kids were a little annoying on top of my already being annoyed. Fortune struck in second block when my whole class went to an assembly and I had a free hour to eat my banana with peanut butter and watch Modern Family in peace. The rest of the day went pretty smoothly. I worked on things while the students drew.


After work I had some time eat, watch Oz, and look up some information. I met Ryan and we headed up to rock climbing gym for the first time in many months. I thought it would be crowded when we arrived at 6, but I was pleasantly surprised that we were the only ones using the belaying wall at first. We did a few easy ones to warm up, and it became instantly clear that we were not in the rock climbing shape we once had been. We did complete a 5.8, so that was good. Some of the more difficult routes and the slanted walls proved to be a humbling experience, but it was still fun. I hope we continue going often.


On our way home we stopped at Chili's for food and had a good time talking and figuring out the splitting of the bill. It was somewhat late when we got home and I was pretty tired so I did some writing and then got to bed, watching Parks and Rec until falling asleep.

No comments: