Saturday, November 9, 2013

Nov 9, 2013

I was awoken earlier than I wanted to be by conversation on the other side of my wall. By conversation, I mean yelling from one room to another. Despite the annoying wake-up I felt pretty good. I got ready and headed back to the rink in Philly to shoot the U Penn Alumni hockey game. It was even colder in there today somehow. I got some great shots of the families skating together and then the game was on.


There was a lot of scoring, but everyone seemed to be having a great time being back on the ice. It was a little slower than the regular game I shot last night, but that was helpful for shooting action shots. Before the third period I shot the award ceremony and some group shots on the ice. After the game (finishing at 10-13) we got a full team shot on the ice and then some more groups together. It was strange standing on the ice, but once I got used to it I was no long worried about falling.


There was a brief reception where I got some food as I realized I took too many photos to burn to the single DVD I brought with me. I talked to Whit and the sports director for a few moments about the plan and future possible jobs before I headed out to meet Jeff at The Pour House in Westmont. There was a long delay in traffic because of an accident, but we both eventually got there. I started with a session IPA collaboration between Victory and PJ Whelihan's. It was very good on nitro. We had a good time catching up over food and beers. I had a Lancaster Shoo Fly Porter made with molasses which was wonderfully sweet and delicious and a 12 Beers of the Apocalypse before we left.


We were supposed to go to Jeff and Sam's for a fire, but they were tired and things, so Chuck and I went to Kate's for some beers. We had the Fort Collins Brewery variety pack and Chuck brought the Tell Tale Heart IPA. There was a good pale wheat ale and a tasty black IPA in there. We were all pretty tired and called it a night fairly early to head home. I was in bed quickly after getting home.

No comments: