Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8, 2011

It seemed like a day for breakfast, so Cait and I went to Angelo's... where the rest of Glassboro decided to go. We left and tried PB's instead. It was also crowded, which we realized was because it was Mother's Day. Ohh, right! Anyway, we got seated at the bar fairly quickly and got our chocolate milks while we waited for the food.

I found a breakfast food that I had never heard of and now I love: eggs Chesapeake. It's a crab cake with poached eggs on it on an English muffin. It was good.

After breakfast I went over to Bethel Mill Park and spent some time wandering around finding all the geocaches in the area. I think there were three or four altogether. I had to trek through a long trail along the river to find this one. It was hidden well and it was fun to find. It reminded me of The Goonies for some reason.

I was on a streak so I continued looking for them in the surrounding area. I found a few more before I decided to call it a day on the cache hunt.

After going to retrieve Alex/almost having to kidnap her back, Cait and I went to Rita's while she got ready. There were a lot of people there, but we found a table and sat there eating gelatos.

To continue capitalizing on this gorgeous day, we went up near Cait's house to find nature. We tried to go back to the island, but it seems that the flooding had spread and closed the park. We found a nature preserve nearby and walked around there instead.

It was a really nice place with little trails leading around the habitat as well as docks so we could walk out over the marsh.

The most plentiful thing we saw was birds. There were tons of them and they were all different and really cool. I got some nice shots of them in the trees and over the water.

After spending a bunch of time at the preserve we went to Ott's for dinner. We got quesadillas again. Good and cheesy. It was great sitting outside with a cool breeze blowing.

On the way home we stopped at a Wegman's, where I got imported chocolate which specifically prohibits women from eating it (shhh, I let Alex and Cait try it). I stopped at my mom's on the way home to give her a gift and talk to her for a bit. It was the perfect nice day. Spent all day outside. I love it.

No comments: