Friday, May 6, 2011

May 6, 2011

I had the pleasure of subbing for a science class during the day at Memorial. It was actually a pretty easy day spent in the Library while the students researched scientists to do a presentation on. I covered Erika's class at the end of the day for half the block and almost lost my chance to leave early.

I met Ryan at the courts for a few games of tennis. We had some really good ones. It's like we actually knew what we were doing this time. Funny how often that seems to change.

When I got up to Rowan I went on a few cache hunts with Joanna. We went on some nature trails near Pitman and to some local parks. We found a couple of them and couldn't locate others.

While at the park there was a duck sitting on what looked like one or two ducklings, but when she got up and walked into the water, all of these little guys appeared from beneath her! It was pretty amazing and beautiful to see.

I met Leah for sushi at Samurai since she was going home for the summer. We talked about what we were doing in the summer and such while we waited what seemed to be a long time to place our order.

It was, as always, worth the wait. Look at that. I want some right now and I'm not even hungry.

I played a few games of ping pong with Christy at the rec center, taking back my title as the victor. There were some really close games, but I managed to win.

We went for a walk around the park as it was getting dark. It wasn't this dark, but my phone doesn't pick up that much light. It was a nice night to walk around and there were a good amount of people still in the park.

When I got back I met Laura and Kristin at Landmark for some drinks. We sat at a table with a bunch of people I didn't know. They all left at one point to go get drinks or smoke, leaving Kristin and me at the table alone for a while, looking weird at a big empty table.

We had a good time and I had a couple bad beers. After we finished our tower of dirty water we went to the Spot for a little while until it was time to get out.

It was a busy day but I had a good time.

No comments: