Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 3, 2011

After getting my images ready in the morning, I went to my final photo classes hopeful. I was swiftly let down by the typical lackadaisical style and attitude that has been there the whole semester. We spent the first hour or so looking through a couple of people's photos, leaving the second hour to go through the last ten people. I guess I'm still bitter about my disappointment in these classes.

When the second class final got underway an hour late, we looked at my silhouette photos. People were generally uninterested of course, having their own conversations and playing on their laptops instead of joining in a critique. Some people had really good work to show too. So, there it is. I suppose that basically sums up all of the photo classes I've taken and I don't have to deal with them again.. but it sucks that I probably could have advanced and been a part of something productive and exciting elsewhere.

To get out of the building, Joanna and I went on a cache hunt on campus. It was in the woods near the engineering building. After a little bit of searching I spotted it in a tree and pulled it down.

I really liked the quote on the fortune so I took that and left a Rita's coupon. I went in search for another one outside of Bunce but didn't end up finding that one after a lot of searching.

I went back to Westby and spent the night painting steel with a clear coat, then printing my transparency images onto them in the darkroom. Some of them came out really well, but some were hard to see. It might have been the emulsion I was using or the timing of the light exposure but for whatever reason they didn't turn out uniformly. If I had more time and more steel I would redo some of them, but since I needed it for the next day, I went with what I had.

I went back to Bunce with Joanna to look around for that other cache but came up with nothing again. All of the graduation staging is up so it might be more difficult to find with that there.

I went back to Westby for a while with Alex before heading home for the night.

No comments: